What if we told you that you could watch your favorite 3D movies from the convenience of your own home? Well, now you can. All you need is the right equipment. If you currently have a high-quality home movie theater installed, you’re already on your way to enjoying 3D movies at home. Keep reading to find out what you need to create an awesome 3D home theater.
What Equipment Do You Need?
Here’s a list of everything you’ll need to watch 3D movies at home:
- 3D-enabled TV or projector – First, you’ll need a TV or video projector that meets approved 3D specifications.
- 3D glasses – You’ll also need 3D glasses, but not the cheap paper kind. Choose from Passive Polarized 3D glasses or Active Shutter 3D glasses.
- 3D-enabled Blu-ray Disc player – This will allow you to play both 3D and regular Blu-ray Discs.
- 3D-enabled cable/satellite box or internet streaming service – This is an alternative option to the 3D Blu-ray Disc Player. Streaming services that offer 3D content include Netflix and VUDU.
- 3D-compatible A/V receiver – You’ll need this if your audio and video signals are run through a receiver.
- Surround sound speakers – For the full 3D experience, be sure to invest in a good audio system that’s capable of delivering immersive virtual surround sound—such as the RBH and MartinLogan speaker systems.
Ready to Start Watching 3D Movies at Home?
At Paramount Audio Visual, we are experts in installing all types of home theaters, including indoor, outdoor, and 3D. We can help you choose the best equipment to fit your needs and your budget. We’ll take care of all the necessary permits and installation so that you can start watching 3D movies at home as soon as possible!
For more info related to home theaters, check out our previous blog posts:
- Home Movie Theater: Best Movie Night Ever!
- Backyard Theater for Ultimate Outdoor Entertainment
- Why Home Theater Audio Matters